The moment when u dont want to study and you keep finding thing to do. Scroll fb news feeds, surf web, read article, find some interesting movies, cook tongsui and post something nonsense (in any apps). And finally I back again to my blog and trying to write something about the movie i just watched!
---The Theory of Everything---
For some people, it may be a boring biography, or may it be a romance to someone. But for me, it indeed kinda educational, and philosophic. I even searched for Stephen Hawking in Wikipedia.
*What I going to write may contain spoilers of this movie*
Stephen Hawking, a famous physicist, and cosmologist, who has acquired disease of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). He has 2 marriages in his life (he's now still alive), the movie mostly discuss about his life and the love btw he and his first wife-- Jane Wilde.
Hawking and Jane met in University of Cambridge, while Hawking was doing his PhD. Soon they falling in love, in this movie, Hawking did have a good sense of humor, despite the religion contradiction (Jane had a strong believe in Christianity, and you know, scientist don't believe in any), Jane still fall for him. But the story quickly progress to Hawking was found having the ALS disease. It is a motor neuron disease, in which patient will gradually lose his ability to control his movement, and finally die due to respiratory failure. ALS patient usually have an average 5 years lifespan after onset of this disease. But Hawking is so amazing that he survives till now, at age of 72! Okay, back to story: after Jane know he had a disease, she never leave him but decide to marry him, although she knew that doctor had told hawking that he may only have 2 years to live for.
They had went through a lot, fortunately the progression of the disease was slow, Hawking survives longer than what was predicted, they even have 3 children - Robert, Lucy and Timothy. Throughout years, Hawking had get his PhD by his thesis about the universe or time has a start and even had a book published named "A Brief History of Time" which overthrew his own thesis and supposed that the universe has no boundaries. After they had gone through so much, Jane was overwhelm and cannot stand with the religious contrast btw them. She has developed a romantic interest to Jonathan, the organist in the church who took care of her family and Hawking for years. But, in my point of view, Jane's love to Hawking never change, she never ask for a divorce, and never once has an affair with Jonathan. Jane and Jonathan even stop contacting each other after they found out that they have an interest to each other, especially when Hawking was very ill after he has complicate with pneumonia and had tracheotomy. After Hawking had tracheotomy, he lost his very last and least ability to speak, Jane find him a house nurse, Elaine. Hawking finally divorced with Jane because of Elaine (this is not part of the movie, wikipedia said so ) and Jane finally married to Jonathan. But Jane and Hawking are still close friends after gone through all this, and I believe they still love each other in a friendly way.
I really feel that Jane is a tough women, she taking care for Hawking for so many years and never giving up on him. She even gave birth to 3 children and raised them alone. She did love Hawking a lot, as she know that Hawking has a disease still decided to marry him and fight the disease together with him. (maybe she thought that hawking has longer than 2 years to live so its okay to take care of an ill man for 2 years and love as hard as they could in this short period? nah, i was just saying)
For Stephen Hawking, he is an amazing man, I am not mean that he survives the illness near 40 years, although this is amazing too. He came out with brilliant idea about our universe. I have no stand to agree or disagree about his idea, I am not a cosmologist nor a physicist. But I found it's funny that westerner like to say out their thought although it may be just an abstracted idea and is unproven, but in fact once you has spoken something which have scientific base or support and get the agreement from most of the scientist then its become a theory. Yet, I still couldn't agree more about Hawking's theory, let me quote something from the movie as the end of this post.
There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope.
Ps: I found that I am that kind of person who like to find something meaningful from a movie and that's why I don't really like to watch comedy.

