Sunday, 29 March 2015

Movies

Although it has been a hectic cycle, but I still have time to watch movie. Life ain't all about study right? But when you have only little time, you wish to watch something that really worth it; or else, you aren't going to satisfy. Owh ya, when you have that little time just enough to watch a movie but Internet is really down, the movie keep buffering, and the movie is meaningless, you feel like just want to throw your laptop somewhere else.

So, few movie reviews I want to share.
First of all - Into the woods.
This one make me feel disappointed, it kind of a fantasy and at the beginning I think it should be interesting as many stories came across each other and the interaction among the main characters in each story, but the storyline went really ridiculous at the end of the movie. I have to say, I can't find anything which enlightened me, it just combined our bedtime stories which related to woods into one movies. May be it's just me who did not find this movie interesting, for someone else yeah. So, sorry i don't know how to appreciate it, That's all I can say.

Dracula Untold
Hmmm, I used 2 days to finish this movie as it keep buffering, so I did not really into the movie and did not have a great impact from the movie. But yes I do have some thoughts about the movie. Dracula-- Son of Devil, the main character of the movie, on his will, he turned himself into a vampire who has enough strength and power against thousand armies just to protect his kingdom and in a narrow extent, his family. However, the villagers didn't understand his motive and did not appreciate him as a prince to defence them from the attack of Tursk. In their opinions, it wasn't a matter why and how their prince became a vampire, the real matter is he no more a prince to them but a MONSTER.

But vampire ain't flawless, he failed to protect his lover as he was fooled by the Tursk. He was too late to save his wife from falling from the top of a tower; his son was taken by the Tursk, and Transylvanians lost the fight. To realise promise to his wife, he did not hesitate to turn all his people into vampires just to save his son. Of course, a bunch of vampires are stronger than a vampire to fight against a hundred thousand human armies, they sold their soul to devil to win the fight. Dracula's son was saved from Tursk but transylvanians who first tasted blood have already lost their humanity and did not obedient to their prince who gave them "new lives", instead they want to kill Dracula's son, the only human left in the field. In the end, he exposed all of them and himself to the sun as sun might kill a vampire.

Sometimes, you have to pay a lot to protect someone or to gain something, and you don't care it take away your life or your soul. I respect Dracula (only in this movie) as he willing to sacrifice himself for his people, for his family, and I can feel his disappointment when his people did not appreciate what he did for them. However, I admire the love between his wife and him more. She accepted him and still love him no matter what he has already become and in what form he exist; and for him, he resist the thirst for blood just because he love her enough. Love make people strong, isn't it?

Before I Go to Sleep
Definitely a psycho movie. okay, it's a mystery be exact. I can't imagine what kind of human can wake up every morning with no memories of her past. What I mean is of course I know may be she has experienced some traumatic events so something in the brain was traumatised may be the hippocampus so she lost the ability of building memories during her sleep and you know brain is a complicated organs, okay too far from the topic, what I was trying to say is, I really cannot accept as a human, waking up with no memories of the past, you see the one sleep beside you everyday but you totally cannot recognise him at all and imagine waking up in the arm of a stranger...... So, for me memories is my life, our lives are built up by a lot of memories, experiences , good or bad, it is part of our life. Without memories, we are just a robot which repeat the same thing everyday.

So, the main plot of the movie is about a without-memory-women trying to figure out how her life should be and who she can trust. She recorded her findings everyday and finally she figured out the one who sleep beside her everyday was the one who nearly killed her in years ago. Although it may be a bit too late to know (after 5 years, if my memory still working),  but better never. She finally reunite with her husband and son.  It's okay if she cannot find her memories back nor building up new memory but love of being a mother make her finally remembered her son. That's the end of the story.
It was a bit boring, but quite mysterious and psycho, worth a try if you are not going for those main stream movies. However, I still thinking the book will be better than movie. I haven't read the book although I bought the book several months ago and I left it in Malaysia, promise will finish reading it during summer break.  [PS:  I still have plenty of books queuing on my reading list -.-]